As an early retiree, I enjoy blogging about topics that excite me. When I started my WeRetiredEarly blog in late 2014, I needed to figure out how to build an audience and a social media following.
Within a year (by November 2015), I had grown my Twitter followers from 600 to over 23,600. If you look at my Twitter account now, I’m sure it has even a larger following. I also grew my blog visits by 2300% during that time.
Another Success Story
A few months ago, I was contacted by a company, The Triggerbox, they wanted to grow their Twitter followers and increase their blog visits. Their blog was only getting a few visits per month. In less than 2 months, I was able to grow their Twitter followers to over 3,000 and their monthly blog visits over 13,000.
How I Did It
I’ve created a formula for driving blog traffic and growing social followers. It takes a bit of work, but here are the high-level techniques to get it done:
- Create great content, content your audience will enjoy
- Blog at least twice a week, every 3 days is ideal
- Follow Twitter accounts that enjoy the topics you write about, they will follow you back, I use Crowdfire for this.
- Tweet once an hour between the hours of 6 am and 11 pm, I use ViralContentBuzz for this.
- Repurpose your blogs on other major syndication platforms like Medium and Niume
- Build relationships with other bloggers, comment on their blogs, guest post, and help each other get the word out
- Make your content easy-to-share and have clear call-to-actions
- How to gain social media followers with Crowdfire
- How to build a Twitter following
- How to boost your Google ranking
If you are looking to build your Twitter followers and blog visitors, I may be able to help. I enjoy working on projects that excite me, but I only take on a few projects due to my early retirement lifestyle. If you would like help, let’s talk. I’d like to get to know you and more about your goals.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.